Здравствуйте, Гость

How to identify the controller of microsd card
« : 02 Января 2013, 02:25:16 »
Hi,

I am a newbie here. Can somebody tell me how does one identify the controller in Micro SD card?

Оффлайн nat27

Re: How to identify the controller of microsd card
« Ответ #1 : 05 Января 2013, 11:57:29 »
Hi,
in memory cards usually do not have controllers, except hybrid assemblies. The memory card has memory and interface converter.
« Ответ #2 : 06 Января 2013, 01:26:32 »
Hi,
in memory cards usually do not have controllers, except hybrid assemblies. The memory card has memory and interface converter.

Thanks for your reply. Please forgive me my ignorance.

I have this doubt, in absence of a controller, who takes care of things such as wear leveling and the commands sent to the card? Can we access the "raw" flash memory and may be modify CSD/CID registers? ???

P.S. I can see controllers in normal SD cards. May be MicroSD cards are different.

Оффлайн nat27

« Ответ #3 : 06 Января 2013, 08:57:33 »
Я имел ввиду многофункциональный контроллер аналогичный USB Flash Drive.

В картах памяти используется контроллер согласно спецификации устройства. Контроллер microSD реализует аппаратный интефейс, режим блокировки записи и частично DRM — Digital rights management.
Остальные функции (DRM, тип файловой системы, выравнивание, контроль содержимого) выполняют внешние устройства и программное обеспечение.

I was referring to the same multi-function controller USB Flash Drive.

In the memory cards used by the controller according to the specifications of the device. MicroSD hardware controller implements fallback interface mode, the write lock and partially DRM - Digital rights management.
The other functions (DRM, file system type, alignment, content control) perform external devices and software.