Здравствуйте, Гость

Help to flash an usb
« : 05 Апреля 2015, 13:30:25 »
I'm trying to flash a usb. I had a scan with ChipGenius (result:

Description: [F:][H:]Dispositivo di archiviazione di massa USB(SMI/SMI USB DISK/USB DISK)
Device Type:  Mass Storage Device

Protocal Version: USB 2.00
Current Speed: High Speed
Max Current: 300mA

USB Device ID: VID = 090C PID = 1000
Serial Number: AA00000000012383

Device Vendor: SMI Corporation
Device Name: USB DISK
Device Revision: 1100

Manufacturer: SMI/SMI
Product Model: USB DISK/USB DISK
Product Revision: 1100/1100

Chip Vendor: SMI
Chip Part-Number: SM3257ENLT - ISP 140211-AA-
Flash ID Code: ECD798DE - Samsung - 1CE/Single Channel [TLC] -> Total Capacity = 4GB

Tools on web:  http://dl.mydigit.net/special/up/smi.html    )

and I searched the result of flashboot.ru (result:

FLASH VENDOR: samsung
MODEL: K9ABGD8U0B
VID: 090C
PID: 1000
CHIP VENDOR: SMI
CONTROLLER: SM3257ENLT
MEMORY CHIP:
MEMORY SIZE: 4
UTILS:

Description:

Added: 14 февраля 2015).

here does not report the utility used. How can I find it?
Help to flash an usb
« Ответ #1 : 09 Августа 2017, 05:13:17 »
Hi,

Im new to the DRAMeXchange, but looking for prices of USB flash drives with the SMI controller VendorID = 090c, shipped to the UK.

Thanks
Help to flash an usb
« Ответ #2 : 25 Сентября 2017, 05:35:57 »
I have a flash drive with broken socket I have a usb2 socket but I dont know the pin out, could some one please point
Help to flash an usb
« Ответ #3 : 01 Октября 2017, 19:17:25 »
Studio Flash buying help       Make sure the flash tube is user replaceable too. Some are not in theory.
Help to flash an usb
« Ответ #4 : 18 Июля 2018, 12:57:48 »
Hey dudes, my Apacer 32GB pendrive got corrupted and is on Write-protect mode. So im trying to reflash itbut im kinda new to this so i hope you could help me. This is what i got from Chipgenius Description: F:USB Mass Storage DeviceUSB FLASH DRIVE
Help to flash an usb
« Ответ #5 : 25 Сентября 2018, 10:10:10 »
РЇ попробовал загрузку СЃ указаными BIOS опциями USB-HDD, USB-FDD, USB-Zip, создавая РїСЂРё этом загрузочные флешки СЃ соответствующими опциями СЃ помомощью утилит HP Drive Key Boot Utility, HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool, FlashBoot. Итог: если BIOS указано грузиться СЃ USB-FDD, то загрузка идет СЃ IDE-FDD, если USB-HDD, тогда IDE-HDD, либо BIOS серьезно задумывается Рё РЅРµ реагирует РЅР° Ctrl-Alt-Del, только Reset. Если отключить РІСЃРµ внешние носители информации Сѓ меня РґРІР° IDE-РґРёСЃРєР°, DVD-RW, FDD Рё оставить только USB-Flash Drive, то загрузка СЃ него РІ режиме UFDС‚.Рµ. USB-FDD, USB-HDD, USB-Zip РЅРµ идет. BIOS либо пишет Disk boot failure. Insert System Disk and Press Enter, либо опять же задумывается.  Модель флешки Kingston Easy Disk 1100, 1 GB.
Извиняюсь за долгое отсутствие.
Help to flash an usb
« Ответ #6 : 01 Декабря 2018, 14:27:36 »
Im working on a USB flash drive that has a little physical damage on the connector, but no other visible problems. It reports to be 0MB or uninitialised and no data can be read from the OS.

Controller Vendor: SMI
Controller Part-Number: SM3267AC - ISP 160128-1AC
Flash ID code: AD3A18A3 - Hynix H27UDG8M2MTR - 2CE/Single Channel TLC-16K -> Total Capacity = 32GB

Its a double sided board with the controller and one NAND on one side, and the other NAND on the other side. They are TSSOP and QFN parts which for me makes reflow work a lot easier than BGA, so I can take them off to read them externally Id have to get a reader for that. But before Im going the hardware route, Im wondering if the SMI controller has some sort of recovery mode or raw-read mode.

There are a number of MPTools from SMI that have debug portions that allow different kinds of access to the NAND, RAM, controller settings etc. but havent spotted a raw-NAND-read option. It does get detected properly including the NAND, so thats good, but Im not sure how to safely check NAND command availability using MPTool as its obviously intended for manufacturing testing and loading of preset images. I tried the udisk creation option which is supposed to create a low-level image for mass production, but that resulted in 32GB of nulls.

There is a bad block counter thats set to 99, but 97 of those are normal reserved bad block entries, code 80, which appears to not refer to actual bad blocks.
There are two entries in the bad block list that refer to something else:

New Bad Block : 2
=== >>>>> ===================================================================================================
New Block Index: 0, Block: 82, Page: 49, ErrorCode: 3
New Block Index: 1, Block: 86, Page: 3D, ErrorCode: 3
=== <<<<< ===================================================================================================

Other than that, the PCB and none of the chips get warm, the LED does light up but doesnt blink probably because there is no normal FTL activity.

I could start with some simple voltage probing to see if maybe some traces have micro fractures, but perhaps someone here knows of other software controlled testing/reading options for the SMI controllers?